Updated Ford Ranger Ready To Work With New Ranger 4x2 XL SPORT, Enhanced 4x4 XL Heavy Duty Special Edition, Increased Powertrain Options for 4x4 XL And Adaptive Cruise Control Standard On XLT
MELBOURNE, Australia, 22 Apr, 2021 – Work just got a little more fun thanks to the introduction of new and enhanced Ford Ranger models, as well as improved standard safety features and powertrain choices for existing variants, in showrooms from July.
“Ranger has been designed and engineered in Australia, and our harsh continent is an ideal place to develop, test and test again to ensure Ranger meets Ford’s Tough Done Smarter mantra,” said Andrew Birkic, President and CEO of Ford Australia and New Zealand.
“With the new XL SPORT and 4x4 XL Heavy Duty Special Edition variants, we’re working hard to ensure that tradies and businesses all across the country have the right equipment and support to get on with the job.
“And our 4x4 XL customers will have even more choice with the inclusion of our premium Bi-Turbo powertrain, while adding Adaptive Cruise Control as standard to XLT, a decision based on customer feedback and Ford Australia’s desire to continually improve our product. These additions will make Ranger even more convenient for those who spend a lot of time on the road.”
Ford Ranger 4x2 XL SPORT
Ford Australia is excited to announce the arrival of the Ford Ranger 4x2 XL SPORT in limited numbers, as the newest member of the Ranger family. Based on the Ranger 4x2 XL Double Cab, the 4x2 XL SPORT borrows styling cues from the XLS SPORT variant and carries more than $4,500 worth of extra features compared with standard XL.
The new 4x2 XL SPORT boasts eye-catching black accent styling as well as a new black rear bumper and unique ‘SPORT’ decal on the tailgate. The Ranger 4x2 XL SPORT includes the following SPORT specific features and is expected in Ford dealerships across Australia from late June:
- Black 16-inch alloy wheels;
- Black sports bar;
- Black bedliner;
- Black side steps;
- Black grille;
- Black rear bumper; and
- Unique “SPORT” decal on tailgate.
Buyers will be able to choose from the following colours:
The Ranger 4x2 XL SPORT Double Cab is powered exclusively by Ford’s proven 2.2-litre four-cylinder turbocharged diesel which makes 118kW at 3,200rpm and a muscular 385Nm of torque from 1,600 – 2500rpm, and is only available with a six-speed automatic.
Ford Ranger XL 4x4 Heavy Duty Special Edition
In response to feedback from consumers, Ford Australia is pleased to announce the continuation and enhancement of the work-and-play ready Ranger XL 4x4 Heavy Duty Special Edition Double Cab Chassis model. The latest package is designed to deliver even greater value for money and convenience for customers with the factory fitment of popular accessories to the vehicle.
This updated Ranger XL 4x4 Heavy Duty Special Edition is available exclusively in Arctic White and combines two previously separate packages into one offering, with nine accessories fitted to enhance its off-road capability, character and value. It features:
- A factory-fitted Genuine Ford Steel Bull Bar which meets Ford’s stringent engineering and safety standards and has been crash-tested for compatibility with vehicle safety systems, which on XL includes AEB with Pedestrian Detection.
- The bull bar also features integrated mounting points for driving lights and UHF antennas, and is fitted with an LED light bar. The light bar brings greater visibility, as well as adding to Ranger XL’s practicality on the work site, camp site or weekend adventure.
- A Ford Genuine fixed-head snorkel provides a higher air intake position to assist in conditions such as water fording and dusty roads, drawing in air from roof level, providing cooler and cleaner air to its engine.
- Black painted 17 x 7.5-inch steel wheels wrapped in Continental CrossContact All-Terrain tyres. The standard fitment of Continental A/T tyres make choosing an all-terrain tyre a simpler, easier process with the convenience of being factory fitted. The tyres have also been tested against Ford’s tough Trustmark handling requirements, including compatibility with the vehicle’s stability control systems, ensuring maximum capability, safety and performance whether you’re out in the bush or driving around town.
- Heavy-Duty suspension has been fitted as standard which was designed and developed by Ford to improve the Ranger’s ride and handling when carrying heavy loads. Compared to regular Ranger models, the Heavy-Duty suspension sees the fitment of new, thicker springs with a revised spring rate, and new front and rear dampers. The Heavy-Duty suspension meets Ford’s stringent engineering and safety standards and boasts a bespoke ABS and Electronic Stabilty Control (ESC) tune.
- The package is rounded out with solid wheel nuts, black side steps and a rear-view camera kit improving practicality and adding to the rugged good looks of the Ranger XL 4x4 Heavy Duty Special Edition.
Adaptive Cruise Control Now Standard on Ranger XLT Series
Previously a key component of the optional Tech Pack, Adaptive Cruise Control is now standard on the updated Ranger XLT, including both 4x2 and 4x4 Super Cab, Double Cab, and Cab Chassis variants. The inclusion of Adaptive Cruise Control as standard is designed to improve the safety, convenience and value of Ranger XLT.
Ranger XL 4x4 Variants Add 2.0L Bi-Turbo Engine to Line-Up
The Ranger XL series has long been associated with the tried and tested 2.2L and 3.2L TDCi engines, which have been the backbone of fleet customer ‘work’ solutions in the pick-up space. Now, Ford Australia is making its powerful and refined 157kW/500Nm 2.0L Bi-Turbo powertrain including the advanced 10-speed automatic transmission available as an option on three 4x4 XL variants:
- 4x4 XL Super Cab Chassis;
- 4x4 XL Double Cab Chassis; and
- 4x4 XL Double Pick Up.
The award-winning Ford Ranger offers outstanding payload, towing and water wading capabilities. In addition to SYNC 3i with Apple CarPlay/Android Auto smartphone compatibilityii, as well as Autonomous Emergency Brakingiii, standard on every new Ford Ranger is the FordPass Connect embedded modem.
When paired with the FordPass Appiv, FordPass Connect unlocks a range of new connected services including remote locking/unlocking, remote vehicle startv and vehicle status updates. This can be particularly handy on the worksite, allowing customers to remotely start the vehicle and warm the cabin prior to a coffee on a winter’s morning, for example. The FordPass App is now available for download for Apple and Android devices.
The Ranger line-up has a five-star ANCAP safety rating, as well as a five-year, unlimited kilometre warranty, with further peace of mind for Ranger owners through Ford Service Benefitsv, which includes Service Loan Car Program and SYNC 3 sat-nav mapping updates to eligible customers at Nuford.
Register your interest for the Special Edition Rangers from Nuford today
Explore the Ford Ranger